Thursday, May 26, 2016


New catalog launch project 3 of 4:
Love & Affection

This is my favorite!  Of the cards, I've made this week to show off the new 2016 Stampin' Up products, this is my favorite.  I love this Affectionately Yours paper!  Truly, when I first opened this Love & Affection stamp set, I really didn't know what I would do with it.  I only ordered it, because it coordinated with the paper.  And now, I've made a card that I love. 


 

I layered the designer series paper over a crumb cake base, then created a stamped feature on Whisper White.  Since the stamp used for the front of the card had both flowers and leaves, I used my Stampin' Write markers to color the stamp in Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz.  Then I filled in with some other leaves stamped with Pear Pizzazz and added Crushed Curry and Night of Navy flowers.  I colored in the centers of each of the flowers with a Stampin' Write marker. 

I stamped the sentiment and punched with the Decorative Label and then added some flowers to the label.  The stamped panel and the decorative label are also sponged with some Night of Navy.  Once the stamped panel and label are adhered to the card, the finishing touch is the Calypso Coral ribbon,

The inside panel is created using the same stamping and another sentiment from the Love & Affection stamp set.  I really love these sentiments and can definitely see myself using these a lot.



Like yesterday, today's card was created using only the one stamp set - Love & Affection - again illustrating that a beautiful card can be created using just a few supplies.  

I definitely see a future for this stamp set and paper.   I am imagining several other projects.  I may even need another stack of the Affectionately Yours paper. 

These items can be found in the new catalog as follows:
Love & Affection              - page   45
Affectionately Yours DSP  - page 187
Decorative Label punch    - page 186


I welcome your comments, ideas, or questions. Either post a comment here or email me.

Please contact me to take advantage of my new catalog special offer. 

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/carolscards4fun/ 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and so easy!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I've really had fun with this one. I admit I sometimes get carried away and make cards more complex and busier than they need to be. There's just so much fun stuff!

      Delete