Tuesday, June 21, 2016


Just Sitting Here....

This stamp set was on my wish list and I'm happy to say I did get it.  It just reminds me of lovely lazy summer times.  So, as I was thoroughly enjoying the first day of Summer yesterday, I began this card.


  


Using the Sitting Here stamp set, I stamped the swing in Archival Black, so I could color it without worrying about smearing the original image.  I used the Stampin' Up Blender Pens and my Chocolate Chip inkpad to color the swing and the Marina Mist to color the cushion on the swing.  I added a couple Calypso Coral and Night of Navy pillows stamped with Chocolate Chip and fussy cut.   

I didn't want my swing to be just hanging from nothing, so I stamped the top of the panel with trees and leaves from the Sheltering Tree stamp set.  I used the Chocolate Chip to stamp the branches and an old In-color, Pistachio Pudding, for the leaves.  Then, I added some darker leaves with Always Artichoke for a more realistic dappled look and was very happy with how it turned out.  I could have used Pear Pizzazz or Wild Wasabi for the lighter green, but I still have the Pistachio Pudding, and I was determined to use it.

Below the swing, I stamped the sentiment from the Sitting Here set.  Important note to all stampers--stamp the sentiment early BEFORE you've done all the coloring and work on the panel.  I actually stamped mine last, and it's a little crooked.  Oops.  Hopefully, I'll remember next time.

And finally, to ground the panel, I stamped an image from Work Of Art across the bottom in Pistachio Pudding - I still do love those old In-colors!  And since they were designed to coordinate with the classic colors, they still look beautiful.
The stamped panel is embellished with a strip of twine, then adhered to DSP and a Calypso Coral card base. 

The inside is decorated with a scrap of DSP - I love using up my scraps!  The sentiment is from the Sitting Here set.  The flower pot is stamped again with the Archival Black ink and colored with the Stampin' Up Blender Pens using Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Pistachio Pudding, Always Artichoke, and Chocolate Chip. 

I love it!  Hope you enjoy as well.


 http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=142409
 
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=138232
 http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=134114
 http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=102845


Be sure to contact me about my end of June special offer!

If you would like to place an order online, please do so at:

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/carolscards4fun/

No comments:

Post a Comment