Friday, July 29, 2016

Thinking about Branches

Stampin' Up is offering a new stamp set for a limited period.  The Thoughtful Branches set has wonderful images, sentiments, and dies.  Because the images are trees and there are so many ways to use them, I was pretty excited abou them and pre-ordered them.  So, now I'll show you how I used them.
 

This card was made with just the Thoughtful Branches Bundle of stamps and dies. I first stamped the tree leaves in the background with Always Artichoke. Then, I created the background by stamping the tree leaves with Soft Sky all over the rest of the Whisper White panel.  Then, stamp Always Artichoke on Old Olive and die cut out the leaves.  Next, Stamp Chocolate Chip on Crumb cake and die cut the trunk.  I stamped a couple birds in Calypso Coral and die cut.

Then, I assembled my tree by placing my tree trunk on my Always Artichoke leaves that were already stamped on the Whisper White.  The die cut leaves were offset from the leaves on the background to show depth.  I tucked the birds in the leaves and stamped the stems of the stamp set sideways for ground.

I stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral and finished the outside similar to the inside with the Soft Sky leaves and Calypso Coral sentiment on a panel of Whisper White.  The card front and inside are adhered to a Soft Sky card base.  

I love it!   This was really easy to create and there are so many lovely images in the Thoughtful Branches bundle.  This set is only available August 2-31






  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment