Saturday, July 30, 2016

Thoughtful Branches Evergreens

The new Stampin' Up Thoughtful Branches Bundle has  separate stampsfor the tree trunks and the foliage.  That's just great, because it's always bothered me that I've had to stamp the entire tree in green when everybody knows the trunks should be brown!  I'll always love the classic Lovely as a Tree set, but I really like being able to stamp my trunk brown, then lay my leaves or evergreen on top with the green. Isn't it beautiful !

  

As you probably know by now, I really am a fan of Calypso Coral so that's what I've used for my card base.  A layer of DSP having Calypso Coral, Old Olive, and Basic Black is topped with my stamped piece. 

The middle tree trunk was stamped with Chocolate Chip while the tree trunks on each side were stamped with Crumb Cake.  Likewise, the middle tree foliage was stamped with Always Artichoke, then without re-inking stamped again just offset.  The flanking foliage was similarly stamped with Pear Pizzazz twice without re-inking.  The stems were stamped sideways to create ground under each tree with Always Artichoke for the middle and Pear Pizzazz for the side trees.

A smaller leaf was used to stamp a border.  Chocolate Chip was used to stamp the sentiment from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set.  A pieces of Pear Pizzazz ribbon was wrapped around the stamped panel.

The inside was stamped similarly with the border and the sentiment from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set.  And I don't like to waste pretty paper, so I used a leftover strip on the inside panel.  Again, I love it.  This set has so many pretty images and lovely sentiments.

I can definitely predict I'll use these images with the Softly Falling Embossing folder for a Christmas card







Website:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/carolscards4fun/

No comments:

Post a Comment