Saturday, June 18, 2016

Roses are Red

I am trying to find my inner artist by exploring watercolor.  Recently I was inspired by fellow demonstrator Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher when I saw her creation using the Stampin' Up You've Got This stamp set.

   


Since I'm not really sure of the technique she used, I tried to recreate her project using Stampin' Up inks and Aqua Painters on 2 different paper types.  On the left card, the Rose was painted on water color paper.  On the right card, the rose was painted on Whisper White card stock.  In looking at the pictures, there's not really a large difference in the appearance, though I must say that the watercolor paper was much easier to use. 

I used the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive inkpads by squishing them just a bit to create a smear of ink on the lid.  The lid them became my palette for the aqua painter.  I found that I had a lot more opportunity to layer on paint and blend with the water color paper.   The Whisper White will get too wet and ball up and tear if too much water is added.  But I'm pretty happy with them both.  I like the finished look of the Whisper White because it is smooth, but the water color paper is so much easier to use and blend the colors.

The painted image was layered onto a piece of Whisper White stamped with an image from the You've Got This stamp set stamped with Night of Navy, and then layered onto Night Of Navy cardstock and adhered onto a Whisper White card base.  A strip of Cherry Cobbler and a twine accent was added for embellishment.

The inside is also stamped with a sentiment from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set with Night of Navy and layered onto Night of Navy cardstock and then adhered to the Whisper White card base. 



Products used:
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=139575  http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=135350



If you would like to take advantage of my end of June special offer, please contact me directly or if you would rather place an order online, please do so at:

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/carolscards4fun/

No comments:

Post a Comment