Tuesday, May 22, 2018



Oh So Eclectic !


The Oh So Eclectic set has provided me with some challenges and some entertaining opportunities.  My OCD personality doesn't often leave room for imperfections, but I just had to try this set.  In the interest of artistic expression, I am allowing myself to color outside the lines.




This is a fun 2-step stamping set that allows me to color outside the lines and still create a beautiful masterpieces.  By simply, stamping the circular image and then overlaying with the lined image, I can create beautiful floral groupings.  

I did a little masking in this to get my Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy, and Berry Burst flowers closely grouped.  I also die cut the Berry Burst floral
outline and layered over the Berry Burst flower instead of stamping over it.  This gave me some added texture. I stamped the Tranquil Tide leaves before adding the Berry Burst flower.  

The stamped panels were layered on a thick Whisper White card base and Tranquil Tide mat and accented with the retiring Naturally Eclectic DSP.  There is still some available!  Get it before May 31 or supplies run out! 




The DSP in this set appeals to me in expressing my favorite shades of green and pink.  As mentioned, this DSP is retiring with the 2017 Annual catalog.  Never fear, there is some still available.  And there are many more offerings of beautiful DSP in the 2018 Annual Catalog.





The card base is Night of Navy with a layer of the Naturally Eclectic DSP.  Using the Eclectic Layers Framelits cut out a 2 1/2" X 4 1/4" panel of Whisper White to layer over the DSP.  Stamp a scrap of Whisper White with the Label Me Pretty image in Night of Navy, cut out a small stitched circle and layer a smaller Whisper White stamped circle.  Stamp and die cut some leaves from the Oh So Eclectic set and assemble finishing off with a Linen Thread bow.  Lovely!

Stamp the leaf image on a piece of Whisper White and trim with a scrap of the Naturally Eclectic DSP to create the inside. 





Supplies include:




Oh So Eclectic
Eclectic Layers Thinlets

These and other supplies are available at my website:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/carolscards4fun/ 

Thank you and Happy Stamping!






No comments:

Post a Comment