Thursday, September 22, 2016


Thank You Theme for September part 3 of 4

Another day to be thankful brings us to the third card of our Thank You card series.

I haven't often used embossing folders, but I really like the Brick Wall from the previous card, and I really love the Birch trees on the Woodland embossing
folder.  So, there may be more embossing in my future.
 

I wanted to keep it simple; I struggle to keep it simple.  So, this time there really is minimal stamping on the card--just the sentiment and the frame around it are stamped.  This card is created with thinlits and embossing.
 

The Whisper White card base was layered with Pear Pizzazz DSP.  Next, the Old Olive layer was cut with the leaves die from the Rose Wonder set, and then dry embossed using the Woodland embossing folder.  The negative from the cutout shows the DSP underneath.  I sponged some Whisper White over the trees, added the cutout leaves.  I saved the little cutouts from the inside of the leaves to use in the negative area. Iit was a little tedious, but I like the effect.  Finally,  I cut the flower with the Rose Garden Thinlits, topped it with a rhinestone, and adhered it to the leaves.

To finish off the front of the card, I wrapped the Old Olive layer with Whisper White ribbon.  Then, I stamped the sentiment and coordinating frame from the Rose Wonder stamp set, cut with the Rose Garden Thinlit, and adhered to the ribbon.



The inside of the card is layered with Old Olive and Whisper White and accented with another Rose Garden Thinlit flower. A strip of the same DSP layered on the top accents the inside.  I do love fully utilizing the DSP so there is no waste; I think the little strip on the inside creates continuity and adds interest.

Supplies used for this card include:
https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140619&dbwsdemoid=2166795 https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=139673&dbwsdemoid=2166795

https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140697&dbwsdemoid=2166795


These and other supplies are available at my website:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/carolscards4fun/ 

Thank you !



 

No comments:

Post a Comment